SC - fighter practices

Philippa Alderton phlip at morganco.net
Wed Oct 18 07:55:19 PDT 2000

I offered to send these recipes to Kirsten privately, but it occurred to me
that others on the list might be interested.

Honey Wheats

1/4 c honey per 2 cups plain  puffed wheat.  Slightly cook the honey (bring
to boil and cook for 2-3 min)  and combine with the wheat.  Dry in the
bottom part of the dehydrator (not in a tray with holes, basically  -  you
could probably  put the stuff into a fruit leather tray) for 10-14 hours or
until it loses its stickiness.  Store in an airtight container in cool
place.

"Toasted" Muesli

2 c rolled oats
1/4 c oil
1/4 c  brown sugar
1/2 c chopped dried apricots
1/4 c raisins

Combine oats, oil, and sugar  in a bowl, toss until well mixed.  Place in
base of drier (as above) and dry for 10-14 hours.  Once drying is complete,
add the fruit.  Store in an airtight container in cool place.

Honey Muesli
2 c mixed rolled grains
1c desiccated coconut (or shredded, or flaked if you rather and can get it)
1 c wheatgerm
1/2 c diced dried apricots
1/2 c sultanas (add more fruit  of whatever type you like - obviously!)
1/2 c honey - heated until very liquid.

Mix all ingredients bar fruit and treat as above - stirring occasionally
during drying to break up clumps.

Muesli Bars

1/4 c brown sugar (optional)
1/2 c peanut butter
3 tb butter
1/4 c water
2 cups dried muesli

Combine brown sugar if using, peanut butter, and butter in a saucepan.  Heat
until melted.  Add water.
Mix well with muesli.
Press into a foil lined slice tin.  Cool in refrigerator  for 2 hours.
Cut into bars and dry for                                          8-10
hours on drying racks until chewy.

(I haven't made this last one - but it sounds good!  I would be tempted to
try it with chocolate bits in it.)

Gwynydd of Culloden