SC - Lucrezia in Marketland

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Wed Oct 18 09:01:02 PDT 2000

>My oldest daughter Annie (Lady Rotrude) started out at age 5, keeping
>the water carafes filled, served as the 'Little Water Girl' in her
>wooden shoes, apron and headscarf for years, and graduated to serving
>food and working in the kitchen. At 16 she's welcome staff just about
>anywhere.
>
>Kids, trained well, and encouraged with good attitudes, are very good
>servers. They are enthusiastic, cheerful, and energetic as all get out.
>Get 'em while they're young, I say.
>
>'Lainie

I so much agree with you.  As I have mentioned before, at events if I see a
bored looking youth, I invite them into the hall and set them to playing
with food.  The personal involvement gives such satisfaction and points them
to find their own special nitch in the society.

My own daughter is a member of our cook's guild and very handy and creative.
  She is always welcome in a kitchen since she brings a fun attitude and
helping hand.

Olwen