SC -children in kitchen:was worst feast ever...

Nicholas Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Wed Oct 18 09:32:47 PDT 2000

Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:

> That's terriffic Lainie!  sounds like you have a wonderful daughter!
> Phillipa
> <<
>  My oldest daughter Annie (Lady Rotrude) started out at age 5, keeping
>  the water carafes filled, served as the 'Little Water Girl' in her
>  wooden shoes, apron and headscarf for years, and graduated to serving
>  food and working in the kitchen. At 16 she's welcome staff just about
>  anywhere. >>

Why, thank you! It gets better though- it has been my policy when I take
the Gang o' Girls (up to 6 teenaged girls, and yes, I'm very brave) to
events, that they _must_ put in service time- in the kitchen, serving,
waterbearing at tourneys, whatever. Gets them out and participating, and
it teaches them just how much goes into putting an event on. I even make
them go shopping with me before an event so they can see just how much
it costs and how to budget and manage food, etc. Heh, heh, heh...
education, masked as 'fun'... I'm an eeeevil mommy...

'Lainie