SC - Lucrezia in Marketland

harper@idt.net harper at idt.net
Wed Oct 18 15:42:21 PDT 2000

> When I have done kitchens at camping events, sometimes
> the only reliable help I could count on was the kids.

*grin*
Lo, these many years ago, I was involved with the founding of what later
became the EK Page program. I was also just starting doing dayboards. When
Ben the Steward was looking for things for his roving band of helpful
teens to do, they got sent tome, where they cut bread (I once had 100
loaves of bread sliced in a single morning-- with dulll knives... ),
melons, etc and peeled things and washed things and carried trays and ran
errands... The youngest ones (6 to 8) ended up washing and picking over
grapes. These kids were eager to work, liked helping out, and amazingly
never gave me a minutes trouble.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker