SC - OOP: Re: Harry Potter foodies

KallipygosRed@aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Wed Oct 18 13:10:03 PDT 2000

> 	Nola does, though not in every instance where he calls for vinegar.
>
> 	Red vinegar only appears once, and the rest of them time when he
> 	specifies, it's white vinegar.  I haven't checked, but I'd guess
> that
> 	maybe some of the French recipes specify the color of the vinegar.
>
> >From the context, would you say he specifies red wine vinegar in that recipe
> for colouring reasons, do you think?
>
> Ciao - Lucrezia

I don't know.  It's a recipe for arugula, which contains honey and red wine.
Maybe he felt that the flavor of the red vinegar would be more compatible with
the red wine.  There's another arugula recipe with white vinegar and honey (but
no wine); and *another* with honey, vinegar of no specified color, and red or
white wine.

Brighid

This message was sent through IDT.
http://www.idt.net/