SC - OOP: Re: Harry Potter foodies

KallipygosRed@aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Wed Oct 18 14:51:42 PDT 2000

>From: "Jeffrey Miller" <eogan at amazon.com>

>That said, I have had one youngster who not only stuck around, but ended up
>being a part of the regular kitchen crew.  yay!
>
>I'd love to have more kids involved when I cook, but it just hasn't worked
>out.  I try every time a child asks though, and continue to have an open
>mind on the matter.

In our cook's guild we have two (now) 18 year olds, one of whom is the
deputy to the Guildmaster for the past 2 years, a 15 year old (who is
becoming something of a baker), a 13 year old and randomly a 9 and 11 year
old.

I know other cook's who do feast's around here that have youth in their
kitchens as well.

At Pennsic, everyone who signs up for the meal plan must dedicate at least
two slots for cooking or cleaning either breakfast or dinner.  We have quite
a number of teens in our camp and they generally sign up for the same times.
  The most number can be used during Mongolian Night (HOT WOK, NO WAITING!)
so there are quite a few busy young hands chopping and peeling.  All with no
sqwaking!

Olwen