SC - A murri question

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Oct 18 13:48:39 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/18/00 7:58:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dminmin at hotmail.com writes:

> On the topic of kids does anyone know of any rules restricting those under
>  either 16 or 18 from the kitchen.  The last feast I cooked someone made
the
> 14 yr. old helping out leave, since there is supposedly a rule against
> children in the kitchen.  This was brought about by an accident at a feast
>  according to the pronouncer of said rule.
>  Maddalena

I haven't heard of such a rule. I have had children as young as 8 yrs old
helping in the kitchen....washing greens and herbs, setting out dishes on
trays and that sort of thing. In fact, one youngster who started in my
kitchen at 12 years old and is now 188 and majoring in biochemistry has
become entrusted with many intricate recipes, including a flaming boar's head
endored in green and gold at a recent feast. This same  cook still can't cook
if his microwave is down at home. :-) Children in the kitchen are a wonderful
help and  carry their interests into  adulthood. I would never think of
banning them from any kitchen I was in charge of.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol