SC - goose fat

Nanna Rognvaldardottir nanna at idunn.is
Thu Oct 19 03:56:18 PDT 2000

I felt it necessary to respond simply because you quoted me specifically.
This is the primary reason that I qualified the statement so thoroughly...
"if" and "can be" are not "should"...  but I understand where you are
coming from ( having sold nutritional products I know how important those
"not meant to be medical advice" disclaimers are at the end of a brochure
or nutritional information document.)  sharing experiences ('as someone
with...') in an informal discussion is not the same, liablity wise, as
making a claim of benefits. but you are absolutely correct that people have
to be careful not to offer specific medical or even nutritional advice
without qualifying and disclaiming, unless of course they *are* medically
qualified to do so and are accepting responsibility for their
recommendations (which responsibility they can be automatically judged by
law to have assumed simply by offering help per the "good samaritan laws"
in many states.)

I remain, in service to Meridies,
Lady Celia des L'archier