SC - Pumpkins and such...

Nicholas Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Thu Oct 19 06:21:26 PDT 2000

> made of at
> >least
> > > 0
> leavened
> >dough,
> > >
> > > semeln melwe (Semmel mehl) isn't semolina flour, but
> bread crumbs from
> > > Semmel, a white bread roll.
> > >
> > > Valoise
> > >
> >Bread crumbs negates the idea of a leavened dough, but it opens some
> >interesting questions about how the dough was made.  I'll
> have to play with
> >this.
>
> Why wouldn't it be a semnal dough, as in the dough you would
> make the Semnel
> from only you will wrap it around the almond filling instead.
>
> bonne

If I understand Valoise's point correctly, the term "semeln melwe"
translates as Semmel meal.  Semmel is a fine white roll made from semolina
flour.  Thus Semmel meal is made from the ground Semmels and a dough of
Semmel meal would be a dough made from bread crumbs.  If it were Semmel
dough, the term should have been "semeln teyc" in the recipe.

Bear