SC - Adaptation from Apicius for jerking meat

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 19 13:47:01 PDT 2000

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> Seumas, why did you choose to use sea salt?  The Apicius recipe just says
> salt.  I am curious because I know several people who get serious migrain
> headaches from sea salt.  I don't know _why_ they do, but I have seen it
> happen several times.

I've been using sea salt for home cooking for years. It's the salt at
hand at home. I prefer the flavour which to me is more balanced than
simple table salt, which leaves a slight bitterness to me. For the
feasts I've used, I've used mostly simple table salt, primarily for the
cost and it's what most people are used to. I've encountered a number of
French recipes that prefer sea salt. I had never heard that it would
cause migraines. A good thing to know.

Seumas
- --
Roi ne suis prince, ni duc, ni comte aussi; je suis sire de
Bruyerecourt.