SC - OT-Re: birthdays

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Oct 19 19:47:30 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/19/00 1:57:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
HOONTW at libra.unm.edu writes:

> I was reading something about apples, and realized that most of the variety
>  I commonly use are new world or Aussie/NZ breeds.  What was the common
>  size/shape/flavor of the medieval European apple?  What of the modern,
>  easily available apples, most approximates it?

Lady Apples are one variety that is still available today that  was used in
period. There are others. I think Stefan may have a file on this in his
Flory-thingie since it was discussed in depth rather recently.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol