SC - OT-Re: birthdays

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Thu Oct 19 22:29:52 PDT 2000

Bonne said:
> I don't feel that proclaiming this rule is blowing smoke and etc. as stated
> by someone earlier.  My kitchen, my rules. IMO, the feast cook shooing away
> a 14 yr old was being overly cautious, but I don't know their experiences so
> I'll just say that they have the right, as cook, to set such a rule.

In general, I'll agree with you here. However, if the headcook did say that
to keep out children because they were being cautious, they should have
said it was their rule. Not try to blame it on some nebulous kingdom or
Society rule.

It may be more diplomatic or easier on the headcook, but
is unfair to the kingdom and Society officers. They get blamed for
enough that is there responsiblity already. I consider it rather
unchivalrous of that headcook if it was an intentional lie.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net