SC - Rivka introduction

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Oct 20 07:17:35 PDT 2000

Jadwiga asked:

>Intergroup anthropology question related to feast budgeting: For those of
>you who do a 'test run' of your feast menu ahead of time, do you pay for
>the supplies for that test run out of your own pocket, does it come out of
>the feast budget, do you get other funding from the event budget, or do
>you fund it some other way?

In my Barony, the test feast is budgeted as part of the total cost of
the feast unless the Head Cook has tested the dishes out at previous
feasts. I'm in the Middle Kingdom, Pentamere Region, Detroit and
metro-Detroit area.

One upcoming exception would be my Laurel's "family" dinner.
We, the apprentices, are all cooking something for that dinner. This
time is the first time we'll be cooking dishes to be served at an
upcoming feast. It's rather like a potluck where someone says "don't
make the grape jelly and bbq meatballs, make this Apple Muse instead
from this period recipe."

Iasmin

Iasmin de Cordoba, gwalli at ptc.com or iasmin at home.com