Peach pits (was Re: SC - Baked apples)

harper@idt.net harper at idt.net
Fri Oct 20 13:47:09 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/20/2000 1:23:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, EdgarT at JM.com
writes:

> What is the difference between a remove and a course?  I have always heard
>  courses called "removes" ever since I have been in the SCA.  Everywhere I
go
>  in fact.  Is this a common misconception?
>
>  Rivka

There's no difference, excepting that remove is an improper usage that stuck
in SCA usage because we're in love with "Mideavalspeak" which is the
intentional blurring of meaning in order to sound different from mundanity.

A better explanation than mine can be found at:

http://oldcolo.com/~memorman/course.html

Corwyn