SC - fantasy restaurants

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Oct 20 17:49:58 PDT 2000

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> Oh, Sieggy, you are truly warped.
>
> I have always wanted to open a restaurant called "The
> Flaming Pit of Hades."  It would feature flambéed
> foods, like flaming shish kabobs, crepes Suzette,
> baked Alaska and steaks grilled at your table, and
> food like deviled eggs or ham, shrimp diabolo, devils
> food cake and other such food.  The waiters would all
> be dressed in black tuxes, with little horns and a
> barbed tail, have a mustache and goatee and have a
> diabolical laugh and a fiendish sense of humor.  The
> Fire Dept. would hate it. Not to mention the Christian
> Coalition ...
>
> Huette

I think you should offer blackened catfish as well. Just send food over
to the fire station from time to time, and they'll be glad to let you
know how to have all those flames around without burning out smoke
detectors and customers. Dress the hostess in smart red Nomex. Better
yet, find a place right next door to the station. Put a sign out front
asking "Hot enough for ya?" and an arrow pointing to the fire station.
And rather than having the little demons of servers take the orders,
just give each customer a check-off sheet menu, just check off what you
want.....and sign on the bottom. Nevermind the fine print. As for the
Christian Coalition, engrave all their names onto little brass plaques
on the chairs. Send them a nice little engraved card to let them know
there's a place for them in The Flaming Pit of Hades. Smile nicely when
they picket your door and offer them cookies fresh from the oven.....

Seumas

- --
Roi ne suis prince, ni duc, ni comte aussi; je suis sire de
Bruyerecourt.