SC - pierogys

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Mon Oct 23 12:31:10 PDT 2000

> Where can I find this book?  Is it somewhere on line?
> Rivka
>
>> For an Eastern European feast, I would look at Pouncy's translation of
>> Domostroi and Dembinska's Food and Drink in Medieval Poland for
recipes.

The Domostroi is not online, it is a regular book, as is _Food and Drink
in Medieval Poland_. Both are availablethrough booksellers, and if your
library has Interlibrary loan servives, they could probably borrow you a
copy of both or either.

Full publication information:

_The "Domostroi": Rules for Russian Households in the Time of Ivan the
Terrible_, Carolyn Johnston Pouncy, translator. Cornell University Press,
1995. ISBN: 0801496896 (paperback) List price $16.95
(note this volume does have one small section of period recipe like
objects)

_Food and Drink in Medieval Poland: Rediscovering a Cuisine of the Past _
Maria Dembinska  William W. Weaver. University of Pennsylvania Press,
1999. ISBN 0812232240 (hardback) list price $29.95
(This contains only one period recipe: for mead)

- -- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker