SC - RE: Worst Critique Ever

DeeWolff@aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Tue Oct 24 06:27:21 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/24/00 8:58:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Rivka writes:

  Greetings!

>  At this point, I have only posed the question regarding documentation,
>  partly because It has occurred to me that many many good recipes aren't
>  documented as such.
I recently did a 12th c Irish feast and spent 4 months going over
(considered "traditional" to the region) out of period recipes,
archaeological evidence, customs lists, near to the period recipes, literary
references, religous references and as much direct fact as possible including
travelogues to support recipes that I used. There just are no 12th C Irish
recipes in existance, but I was asked to create a 12th C Irish feast. This
was the closest approximation I could make. I would never submit it for
competition, to do that I follow the recipe to the letter.

 I am not planning to enter an A&S competition right
>  now, but I do need to know how the process works.

This information can generally be found on your  Kingdom website (at least
it's on mine- Middle Kingdom)
<< I am planning to do a  feast in the spring, and my goal at this point is
to present food that is  period, that is tasty, and that could be documented.
 I cook a lot without
>  recipes.  I was wondering how to document these dishes.

Take a look at the document on the Middle Kingdom Cooks Collegium website "A
Feast at Carraig Fergus"

This was my document for the feast. It might give you an idea or two. The
sources might be of interest to you, especially the Medieval sourcebook
online. Great tidbits in there.

Hauviette