SC - Bad Feasts--Philosophically Speaking

Rosalyn MacGregor ROSALYN at worldshare.net
Tue Oct 24 10:38:33 PDT 2000

> I was wondering if anyone can suggest some other black foods and
> beverages. Several key guild members are vegetarians, so no meat or
> gelatin, although eggs and dairy are ok. And i really really really
> dislike licorice, so none of that (heck, i never even ate one of
> those "black wafers", the frosting smelled so unpleasant to me)

The Black pepper sauce given in _The Medieval Kitchen_ is delicious...:
"Black poivre. Crush ginger and charred bread and pepper, moisten with
vinegar and verjuice, and boil (VT BN Scul 227)"

(We suggest using pumpernickel or rye bread)

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker