SC - Bad Feasts--Philosophically Speaking

Rosalyn MacGregor ROSALYN at worldshare.net
Tue Oct 24 10:38:33 PDT 2000

Good Gentles,

I've had the honor of eating many feasts, as well as cooking a few for the
folks in the Middle Kingdom--specifically in Pentamere (Michigan).

If I may, I'd like to suggest that bad feasts do more than just harm the
reputation of the cook. They harm the reputation of the group holding the
event. They also give fodder to those who are certain that period food is as
much to be avoided as the plague. People will forget who cooked a specific
Twelth Night feast, but they will remember which group hosted it.

If we accept that this is the case, what can the autocrat and group to do to
insure that an incredibly spectacular failure doesn't happen? And, will the
cook allow such a scrutiny to take place?

Yours,
Rosalyn MacGregor
(Pattie Rayl)