SC - Re: Ancient Maya Diet

alysk@ix.netcom.com alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 24 16:29:12 PDT 2000

> Even if you have tested them earlier in the week, test them again when you
> come on site.
>
> If you need the ovens, be sure you have an oven thermometer for each, so you
> can set them close to the appropriate temperature.
>
> Even that may not be enough.  My biggest fiasco occurred when I had four
> ovens fail in the space of 2 hours and was unable to finish the second
> course.
>
> Bear

Also, oddly enough, if the stoves/ovens are gas-fired, make sure that the
propane tanks (if they use such) are full enough to last through the
event...same/same for hot water heaters.  I've been involved in a couple of
feasts where the stoves died for want of gas.

Also make sure that the hot water heater works properly...it's a real pain to
have to heat water on the stove!

Kiri

This email message was sent using web-based email services provided by Chesapeake.Net
Internet Services.
http://www.chesapeake.net/