SC - TV spot

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 17:18:38 PDT 2000

> << How much of that is true and how much is it marketing strategy? If
> it's online for free we are less likely to spend money on the new
> volume, so it's worth their while to bash the competition.
> Cynically, Selene >>

When I first started looking for German cookbooks Alia Atlas' translation
was the only one out there. But there are certain deficiencies in the
translation. Anyone remember the leaf of eggs thread that ran not too long
ago? Speaking from experience, translation can almost always use more fine
tuning, I need to take some time and work over Sabina Welserin some day.

Translation of German that old is hard, modern dictionaries are often of no
use and culinary terms are hard to find in the Mittelhochdeutsch
dictionaries. And I've only seen quality stuff from Melitta Weiss Adamson,
so this is bound to be a good addition to the short list of German works in
translation. Besides as Thomas pointed out-----
> You mean, anybody will become rich selling a 14th century German
> cookbook for $ 12 ... ;-|

It's dirt cheap.

Valoise