SC - Kids in the Kitchen

leslie.watson@hrdc-drhc.gc.ca leslie.watson at hrdc-drhc.gc.ca
Wed Oct 25 11:09:33 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/25/00 8:03:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
catdeville at mindspring.com writes:

<< mi'Lady... this comment confused me.  I buy Libby's 100% pumpkin when I buy
 packed pumpkin and I checked the ingredient (singular) label and it said
 "pumpkin".   is this excluded from your "a lot of" or are you saying that
 this isn't actually pumpkin or is artificially colored without it's being
 labeled as such?  or are you referring to some other brand(s)?

    It's been in my experience that many of the "solid pack" pumpkin are the
mixture of squash and pumpkin with coloring that I'd mentioned before.  I'm
not sure about anyone else, but I'm getting my information from a friend of
the family who used to work for a vegetable processing plant.  He tells me
that one processing plant tends to process vegetables for a couple of  brand
names, and then the rest are sold to wholesalers who in turn label them as
store brand.    I'm not going to venture into what brands are and which are
not, but I'll put my faith in Libby's and say that it is indeed entirely
pumpkin.  Watch it be wrong now....

        Siobhan