SC - important date-

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Oct 25 11:45:42 PDT 2000

I wanted to add my two cents here.  In Ealdormere we have LOTS of kids in the
Kitchen.

We have at least 8 children who are welcome in almost every kitchen and serve
at almost every feast they attend.  They LOVE it.  their parents are always
there with them or in close proximity.

My daughter is nine and can carry a heavy tray of food without any problems.
She loves it.  The only accident she ever had was when an adult server was
not paying attention and ran into her.  Not her fault at all.  In fact she
did not even drop the tray she careful put in down on the ground.

She even cried the day we had to leave an event before feast because she
started to get a fever and I told her we had to leave she was sick.

She entered a and s at the age of 5, making a period cookie recipe.

My son is seven helps serve feast and is a man at arms to our Baroness.  He
is her favourite and takes his job seriously.  He never leaves her side when
he is needed.  He also always has to look handsome when he does.  (his words)

Sorry I am so proud of them.  I find when they do not have jobs to do, which
they request, they get into mischief just because they are bored.

At our Collegium every year we have children's classes and I have taught a
childrens cooking classs at Pennsic a number of years ago

Aibhilin

- ---------- Original Text ----------

From: "sca-cooks" <owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>, on 10/25/00 2:07 PM:

The message you have just received is too large to be displayed
in the normal application. You should look at it using another
application (like a text editor or word processor). The attached
file MAIL.TXT contains the message.

Thank you.