SC - I am So Ashamed! (long)

ekoogler@chesapeake.net ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Oct 25 15:55:24 PDT 2000

Bonne stated:

> So, I chilled the broth to seperate the fat and proceeded to make my
pastry  and the pie.  The crust was nice and flaky, very good color.  And I
think  the remaining seasoning in the fat added to the overall flavor of the
pie.   I'll do this from now on with chicken pie.<

    So,  I don't have to do much else with the chicken fat?  I was thinking
about any clinging gelatin stock,  and a second bit of simmering gently in
water oughta clean it, and use as is?
That's the gist of it, right?

    Caointiarn  (who's next project is learning "the technique"  to make
perfect pie crust)