OT: Religion in the SCA and PR opportunities. (was Re: Wiccan Cookbook Reviewed (was Re: SC - I am So Ashamed! (long)))

Catherine Deville catdeville at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 25 20:56:35 PDT 2000

>However, as I mentioned yesterday, it looks like I'll get a chance to do a
>TV show on medieval food for a local public access station. Rose

So, you are in Santa Cruz?  (Bonne goes off to get one of several brand new
California maps) Ooooh.  Santa Cruz is a loooong way away from Irvine.  I
was gonna volunteer on-site, prep work, kinda help, but that doesn't look
practical. But keep the list up to date on what you need, when you need it.
Who knows I might be able to help.

(I've always ignored the TV threads cause I haven't owned one in years.
But, during the week-long visit with mom while moving east to west coast, I
actually watched the cooking network thing. It just kills my parents that we
don't have TV/cable.  ESPN is not useful to my husband except during World
Cup, and he'd rather watch that from a bar, hopefully with other
non-Americans.  I am happy enough my teenagers aren't much exposed to MTV
and the like.  Mom and Dad thought the cooking channel would finally bring
us back into the land of TV. Interesting, but not enough to pay for cable.)

Bonne
(whose dad used to phone her up to tell her of bad weather heading for NC
which he learned of on the weather channel. As if the information was not
available on local radio and newpapers. He'll probably someday call me to
say there's been an earthquake in Southern California.)