SC - Ruzzige cakes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Oct 27 00:33:41 PDT 2000

Kirsten asked:
> Is there a recipe for rose water in the
> florig-thingy?  I have not had the time to check yet.

Yes, there are a number of recipes, both modern and period in this file
in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section:
rose-water-msg    (37K)  6/11/99    Where to buy. How to make.
Rose-water uses.

Also these files in the same section might also be of interest:
roses-art         (36K)  5/15/97    "Sacred Iron Posies" by Daniel del Cavallo.
                                       (medieval roses).
rose-syrup-msg    (10K)  6/24/99    Making rose syrup. It’s uses. Sources.

And perhaps this one in the RELIGION section:
rosaries-msg      (48K)  1/17/00    Period rosaries and their use.
Making rose
                                       beads.

Or since these appear to food-safe, this one in the FOOD-SWEETS section:
Roses-a-Sugar-art (21K)  7/15/98    "Divers Pretty Things Made Of Roses
& Sugar"
                                       by Mistress Renata Kestryl of Highwynds.

And this one in the FOOD section:
cook-flowers-msg  (62K)  5/22/00    Cooking with flowers. Medieval
flower dishes

This should help eliminate any surplus of roses that you might have. :-)
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net