SC - Clove oil

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Fri Oct 27 08:37:14 PDT 2000

> Yes, but that is usually browning of the pizza dough, not ash or soot.
> Even for a sprinkling of ash, I wouldn't translate that as "sooty".
> "Sooty" make me think of scenes from 19th century industrial England,
> covered in grime and gray or black.

I would consider that maybe these would be considered "sooty" because
some ash would fall from the lid when being removed. Ash and cinders
are acutally a small flavoring agent in some cultures. When I first moved
to Sicily I was shocked by my first pizza. It was puffy, with pools of olive
oil, dabs of cheese and ashes all over it from the woodburning oven.
After a while I got to appreciate the special flavor of the cinders.
So "sooty" could be a very accurate description.

> --
> Lord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra

Yers,

Gunthar