SC - Curry Plant (was re:curry)

Bethra Spicewell christina_elisabeth at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 09:47:02 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
SNIP

> Note that this medieval feast consisted of eight dishes, counting sauces
> as separate dishes, and was served to a total of ten people. I'm feeling
> pretty good about what we do, don't you?
>
> Adamantius

    And I have to wonder how much the chef was paid for that, too. Forgive
me, but here I have to look at the 'professional' as being just a gifted
amateur. I'm doing the following feast in feb for 150, and I'm going to
bring it in for probably $4.75 a head. Compare what we do on a regular basis
to this 'Renaissance Food Fantasy' media event, and I have to laugh a bit.

    Sieggy

Preliminary Menu - Winter Crown Lyste Feb. 24, 2001

ON TABLE
Breads - Rye, Wheat, Oat, Sourdough
Butters - Whipped, Garfunkled (parsley, sage, rosemary & thyme), Dill
Cheese, Home pressed, baked in pastry
Roast Garlic Puree

SOUP
Pale Ale Soup w/ Rye Biscuits, Triskele shaped

SALAD COURSE
Mushrooms & leeks, Marinated in Balsamic vinaigrette

FIRST COURSE
Game Hens a la Orange, Stuffed with Almonds, Sultanas, and Rosemary
Carrots in a Red wine & Honey glaze
Ryse for a Fische Day

SECOND COURSE
Haas im Pfeffer
Noumbles
Braised Green Beans & Pears
Spaetzel

THIRD COURSE
Haunch of Venison, Smoked in Cherrywood w/ Cherry sauce
Cauli Verde
Bashed Neeps

DESSERT
Custard Lombarde in a Gingerbread Trappe

DRINKS
Saracen Tea
Sekanjabin

SPECIALTY DISHES FOR HIGH TABLE
Appetizer trays - sour tray - olives, pickled veggies, etc - sweet tray;
crystallized ginger, candied fruits & nuts, etc
Cheese platter, assorted cheeses
Rollmops
Braided bread ring w/ spinach dip
SOUP
Melt Gruyere cheese over the top
FIRST COURSE
Roast Goose w/ chestnut stuffing, endorred
THIRD COURSE
Saddle of venison coated with pâté & minced mushrooms, wrapped in pastry,
endorred
DESSERT
Dessert subtlety
DRINKS
use private donations (no SCA funds) to buy wines for the HT - separate wine
for each course