SC - Spicing dishes

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Oct 27 10:19:12 PDT 2000

Greetings, all
 In answer to the question posted a few days back, on the discussion of
curry:

 I have grown, for the past few years, what is called 'curry plant'.
It's greyish-green, about 1 ft tall, in form like upright rosemary, but
not as long needled.  It has small yellow button flowers, if I let it.
The label that came with it says that it's uses are medicinal and
aromatic, but nothing about it being directly edible. It has a
fragrance much like commercial curry powder when pinched. I grow it as
an annual, since it doesn't winter over well for me in zone 5/4.

Bethra