SC - clove oil

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 11:42:18 PDT 2000

  10 oz scotts oats ground (a blender would work I use a mortar and pestle
if I am not making more than one batch).
  4 oz more ground scotts oats, not quite as fine as the above.
  2-4 oz of lard or butter (lard is called for in the family cook book)
  3 oz of almonds ground fine
  2-4 oz of honey warmed and mixed with the lard/butter
  1/2 tsp salt.
  Enough warm water to make the dough hold together.

  Mix the 10 oz oats, almonds and salt. Mix in the lard/butter/honey (if the
mixture seems to "wet" add more oats). Add the water, if needed, a few drops
at a time until the dough holds together.

Sprinkle some of the 4 oz oats on  your work surface and roll out the dough
into a large round circle.  Cut into wedges ( or use a biscuit cutter and
make small cookie like cakes) and place on a cookie sheet or piece of wroth
iron and bake at 375 degrees until golden brown.
Or you can "bake" them on a iron griddle turning after about 6 minutes until
golden.
You can serve them with sweetened whipped cream, or fruit preserves.

  Lady Katherine McGuire