SC - Scottish oatcakes

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Oct 27 11:10:53 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/26/00 11:42:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
grizly at mindspring.com writes:

> I also inquire about the translation of beef and veal from
> French.  I am not a French scholar and Janet Hinson's translation is
> respected, so I suspect it is correctly done.

I think that the question is what is the difference in how veal and beef are
described today as opposed to how they were described during whatever periods
within the SCAs scope. There is no reason to assume that the same standards
used now were used then. Even today the age at which a young bovine is
defined as veal is different in the US than in France.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol