SC - Planning a German Feast

Collette S. Waters collette at kricket.net
Sat Oct 28 07:57:12 PDT 2000

Daniel Raoul skrev:

>How about considering a rabbit dish?  Does anyone have a period >German
>recipe for a rabbit dish that would lend itself to preparation for a
>feast,
>...i.e. simple and straight forward with maybe a (black) pepper sauce?  >
>Will
>people eat rabbit at feast?  Can it be done on a budget?

When Ras and I did the rabbits for his feast, I think we served one rabbit
per table, with fixins. Each rabbit cost $5, except for the few I picked up
at auction (we needed enough that I had a producer set aside a number of
them for me, rather than trying to get the proper number a few at a time
every week..). Sure, it can be done economically, but it would take planning
and talking to a producer a couple of months ahead, so he can have his
ladies bred and producing meat rabbits when you need them.

Leanna, I'm going to email you privately about this feast- I have some other
ideas for you.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous