SC - Re: visitor to list

Collette S. Waters collette at kricket.net
Tue Oct 31 16:19:49 PST 2000

- --- Bonne of Traquair <oftraquair at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >I new to the area Corona Ca. mundanely.  Lady
> Katherine McGuire

> of Gyldenholt in Caid.
> >>
> >>Hello neighbor, I am recently moved to Gyldenholt.
> >>Bonne
>

> I cannot seem to make it to events and really want
> to hang with some SCA
> folk for a day.  I know that besides those of us
> above who are recently
> imigrated, Huette, Selene, Alisyk(?) are in Caid,
> and Balthazar is not that
> far off. Who else is close enough to come round some
> weekend afternoon and
> have Period Potluck?  I am in Irvine (for those that
> need to get out their
> brand new maps, that is south of Santa Ana and Costa
> Mesa (which are south
> of LA) and east of Newport.
>

> Bonne

Well, I live in Central Caid, which is the San Gabriel
valley just east of Los Angeles.  I am equidistance
from everyone except those who live in Western Seas
[Hawaii] or Sothron Gard [New Zealand].  I also have a
very large house, large kitchen, etc.  So I am willing
to host a Cooks Potluck.  So when would you all like
to hold this potluck?  The only weekend available
would be the weekend after Thanksgiving.  Unless you
want to have it sometime in December, which has so
many mundane and family conflicts.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.