OOP: Asian Resources (was Re: SC - Barley malt syrup?)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Oct 31 21:17:39 PST 2000

Iasmin de Cordoba asked:
> I know we've talked about this on the list before, but
> there's just not much by way of actual bread recipes in our
> corpus of recipes, is there? Platina goes on and on about the
> grains and why some of them are so good and that seems to
> be about the extent of it in the English translations of anything
> I've read. But do we actually have any real recipes? Maybe
> something from a baker's guild record or something?

I believe you can find several (all?) of the four or so period bread
recipes that we have in my bread-msg file. If you want a number of
recipes from several different people, but mostly from Bear, check
out the breadmaking files. These are in the FOOD-BREAD section of
my files:
bread-msg        (161K) 12/13/99    Medieval breads and grains.
bread-stuffed-msg (28K)  7/21/99    Period stuffed bread. Rastons. Recipes.
breadmaking-msg  (203K)  7/ 7/00    Period bread recipes and re-creations.
brd-mk-flat-msg   (49K)  1/14/00    Period flat or unleavened bread recipes.
brd-mk-sour-msg   (36K)  1/14/00    Breadmaking -Period sourdough bread recipes.

- --
HL  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net