SC - Re: "Thanksgiving" festivals in Period

Catherine Deville catdeville at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 31 21:59:15 PST 2000

>Bonne said (of Barley Malt Syrup)
> > My husband buys this at Asian markets and uses it as the sweetening for
> > making Asian BBQ style sauces.   My next project is to start
>experimenting with Asian cooking.   ... Lady Celia des L'archier

Adamantius is your man.  I'm sure he'll chime in.

My husband learned Chinese cooking from my immediate predecessor, who made
the error of not marrying him.  Evidently she'd had trouble brining her
knives through customs when she came to Britain from Beijing to study at
Oxford, but eventually was allowed to leave the airport, with her knives.
The only Chinese cookbook he ever liked enough to buy is "China Moon
Cookbook" by Barbara Tropp. A jewish woman who was a student in China and
ended up opening a Chinese restaraunt in San Francisco. She gives pretty
comprehensive instructions.

Other than that, whatever Adamantius says.

Bonne