SC - Horse (Recipes)

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 3 09:05:50 PDT 2000

Interesting resources here, including dried salted meat.  If the Kazakhstan
National Cooking Web Page cited dates, we could really use this information to
settle a few ongoing arguments.

Iron Chef rerun last Friday was "Battle Oxtail" and one of the dishes
incorporated the rich crumbly fat from the base of a horse's mane along with the
oxtail meat.  The commentators were impressed by this luxury ingredient but not
particularly shocked.

I'm still too much a modern USAmerican with an inner horse-crazy child to feel
comfortable eating horsemeat though.

Selene