SC - Dolmas etc

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 12:51:52 PDT 2000

. Seems strange,
but
people mentioned apple pie and cheese here a while
back. I think I just
had it straight out of the jar at Pennsic.

They also had some canned dolmas, as did another store
we looked in.
I sort of liked the one I tried at Pennsic in the Food
Court. I might
buy a can of these dolmas next time. Anyone have any
comments on these
or have a brand preferance?

You may want to see if they have some of the fresh
ones if they have a deli type section of the store. I
was in a middle eastern store in dallas this weekend,
and thiers were wonderful. I usually ask the person at
the store which of the canned stuff is best since the
brands seem to vary from store to store.

About the cheddar and apple pie, that is something I
never even heard of until I was in college. I grew up
in the south and evidently that is much more of a
northern thing. If the pie is sweet and cinnamon-y and
the cheese is extra sharp and sliced very thin, I thin
kit is wonderful. ANother taste combination that works
surprisingly well is red wine with a not too sweet
chocolate. I found out about that one when we lived in
California the first time. I was visiting a tasting
room for a local winery and since I was a regular
customer, the wonderful lady who ran the tasting bar,
usually hd some goody or other that she shared with
customers she liked. Try it with a cabernet or chianti
and some good chocolate from neuhaus or godiva. It's
amazing
Just thought I'd share
Nisha