Chocolate tablets in Atlanta (was Re: SC - MEXICAN CHOCOLATE BREAD)

Nicholas Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Thu Oct 5 08:49:03 PDT 2000

<<<<<<<While I may be able to get it by making a special trip to one of the Latin
ethnic food stores, I've never seen mexican chocolate tablets in the stores
here in Atlanta. Can I substitute?  Someone was talking about substituting
chocolate bars a bit back... will that work, or will the end result be
quite different?  I know that different chocolate products have different
cocoa butter levels... what would be my best choices in substituting?  >>>>>>>>

I have found two varieties of the chocolate tablets at the Winn Dixie on P'Tree Industrial at Peachtree Dunwoody.  They have a section devoted to hispanic foods.  You can also find them at the Farmer's Market at P'tree industr at Chamblee Dunwoody.  If you are closer to Buford Highwy in the Chamblee Area, there are numerous latin markets thee that cold carry them as well as the Buford Highway Framer's Market just outside the Perimeter.  The international Farmer's Market on East Ponce de Leon is worth a try, but I do not remember seeing them there before.

paem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco