SC - Chicken soup challenge

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Thu Oct 5 15:44:00 PDT 2000

- ------=_NextPart_000_00C2_01C02EEB.7669A080

  Puck,  the Gentle Soul,  sniffled from his Deathbed:

  I told him you roast chicken bones, boil them for about a day with =
onions, garlic, basil and thyme.  Strain off the broth, chill it, skim =
the fat and you have chicken stock.  To turn this into chicken soup, add =
to the stock a dash of champagne, basil, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, =
oregano, thyme, one tenth of a pinch of sage, a bit of lemon juice, =
diced carrots, shallots and celery, and of course, chunks of chicken, =
simmer until all is well cooked, about three hours, then chill IN AN =
OPEN CONTAINER (the best chicken soup I ever made went sour by putting =
it in the fridge overnight covered) overnight or so to let everthing =
meld and, violins!  you have chicken soup.  SOOOOOoooooo.... What's =
everybody's favorite chicken soup recipe, why, and are there period =
recipes?

  sniffle...snuffle...hiccup<

  Personally,  I roast a chicken,  eat what I want,  then throw the =
bones, skins, and what's left of meat into the crockpot with some celery =
(leaves too)  onions, garlic, carrots and a bay leaf.  let that simmer =
overnight.  the next day,  strain  off the liquid,  maybe pick out the =
better parts of the meat left & discard the rest.  That's the stock.  =
Sometimes I reduce that further for future use,  sometimes I start from =
there for soup. =20

  Caointiarn

- ------=_NextPart_000_00C2_01C02EEB.7669A080

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#b8b8b8>
<DIV> </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Puck,  the Gentle Soul,  =
sniffled from=20
  his Deathbed:</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I told him you roast chicken bones, =
boil them for=20
  about a day with onions, garlic, basil and thyme.  Strain off the =
broth,=20
  chill it, skim the fat and you have chicken stock.  To turn this =
into=20
  chicken soup, add to the stock a dash of champagne, basil, parsley, =
garlic,=20
  salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, one tenth of a pinch of sage, a bit of =
lemon=20
  juice, diced carrots, shallots and celery, and of course, chunks of =
chicken,=20
  simmer until all is well cooked, about three hours, then chill IN AN =
OPEN=20
  CONTAINER (the best chicken soup I ever made went sour by putting it =
in the=20
  fridge overnight covered) overnight or so to let everthing meld and,=20
  violins!  you have chicken soup.  </FONT><FONT face=3DArial=20
  size=3D2>SOOOOOoooooo.... What's everybody's favorite chicken soup =
recipe, why,=20
  and are there period recipes?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV> </DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>sniffle...snuffle...hiccup<</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV> </DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Book Antiqua">Personally,  I roast a =
chicken,  eat=20
  what I want,  then throw the bones, skins, and what's left of =
meat into=20
  the crockpot with some celery (leaves too)  onions, garlic, =
carrots and a=20
  bay leaf.  let that simmer overnight.  the next=20
  day,  strain  off the liquid,  maybe pick out the =
better=20
  parts of the meat left & discard the rest.  That's the=20
  stock.  Sometimes I reduce that further for future use,  =
sometimes I=20
  start from there for soup.  </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV> </DIV>
  <DIV><FONT=20
face=3D"Book Antiqua">Caointiarn</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_00C2_01C02EEB.7669A080--