SC - Protectorate Feast 5 (no recipes)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 11 09:34:12 PDT 2000

I agree with Lord Stefan about leaving room for newbie volunteers.  Since my
main task in the kitchen is the "fun food", fancy garnishes, subtlties,
etc., I have always gone out of my way at times to find some youth or
"bored" looking person to give me a hand.  I have set folks down with a
knife and fruit and had all sorts of wonderful animals and whacky whimsys
produced.  Once I had a HUGE fighter taking a break in the hall, in armour
making little ants with grapes.  He was SO proud of them, he dragged all the
fighters to the desert table to show them off!
Pretty much, it gives a sense of satisfaction to folks and makes them feel
like they have actually participated at an event.
You also end up with some pretty good help down the line
Olwen