cook's cote (was Re: SC - test- don't read)

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Wed Oct 11 11:20:55 PDT 2000

> Uh, guess i haven't been barging into the "right" kitchens. You mean
> it is now fashionable for cooks to wear (gulp) paisley pants? At what
> sorts of restaurants?

I dunno, on some people it looks kind of cute. But I don't think it would
suit Adamantius. ;)
- -- Jadwiga (two brothers in food service, and I cook in either whatever I
remember to throw on on the way to the kitchen at home, or in a loose
short-sleeved tunic or an Italian Ren at events)

To expand the topic, has anyone (female) tried some of the aprons they
show in the German woodcuts? I have a good picture of one that seems to be
similar to the 'balloon jumpers that were fashionable for baby girls a
while back: a v-neck collar with farbric gathered onto it front and back..
the fabric is sewn up the sides (looks like) to make a tube but with deep
armholes.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker