SC - Re: cook's cote[Aprons]

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 11 13:51:26 PDT 2000

>When I'm cooking I tend to wear fairly simple clothing, and either an
>apron or a towel tied around my waist. I actually have a set of cotton
>aprons with lettering on them that says "Chez Elaine", and either
>'staff' or 'Le Chef' on the upper edge. Silly- but they keep the food of
>my clothes and everyone knows who's in charge!
>
>An Tirians may remember the Egil's where I was called up for a service
>award while I was making the Princess' dinner, and forgot to take off my
>apron. There I was, in front of the king, covered with pork grease...
>
>'Lainie

I have an old surcoate I used to throw over whatever I had on.  Now the
Cook's Guild has aprons.  Very spiff.  They have our names, Baronial Badge,
off to one side down by the pocket they have our motto:  "Always the Best
from Bright Hills".

As for my emabarrasing Crown story;
When we got hired to cook for a RP event in Stierbach, the King kept coming
into the kitchen to complement us.  After the feast, he popped in again.  To
the dismay of our Guild, I popped out with "MAJ".  It stuck.  I then had to
take him over to the cooler for a cold one.  He gave me the cap off the
Voodoo Red bottle which is now sewn onto my apron.

It's just one dumb thing after another in my life.  But oh, the fun!
Olwen