SC - FWD: Syrup of Lemons

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Oct 13 07:33:09 PDT 2000

Note, please be careful of your font. Majordomo was unable
to read this.

Gunthar

   Was Written:

    In the miscellany, of course.
   Equal weights of sugar and lemon juice, boil down to a thick syrup.

    Take lemon, after peeling its outer skin, press it and take a ratl
of juice, and add as much of sugar. Cook it until it takes the form of a

syrup. Its advantages are for the heat of bile; it cuts the thirst and
binds the bowels.

    My response:

  Indeed that was where I got it.  My apologies for not including the
citation as I was in a bit of a hurry when I sent the message out.
After 5 years of marriage the wife and I were heading back to that
little B&B we honeymooned at in St. Augustine for our anniversary.  Just

got back.  Didn't see the fort this time either.

    Doesn't Martha Washington's Book of Cookery, have some simular
recipes as well?  I would look but I can't find my copy.

    Daniel Raoul