SC - Fascinating etymological study / too much free time???

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Oct 13 20:24:24 PDT 2000

"Laura C. Minnick" wrote:

> Got gizzards?
>
> Master A., all I can imagine is rather like Baldrick, with the dead slug
> on his upper lip, pretending to be Chaplin...
>
> I'm hoping that someone comes up with a better translation than
> 'moustache'...
>
> 'Lainie

Well, I'd be interested in seeing what else there is out there. I don't
know that I necessarily hope it, but if there's a better explanaton I'd
be happy to hear it.

And, unfortunately, our forebears seem to have been known, on occasion,
to come up with some pretty silly names. Is False Moustache so much
worse than Gynggaudy?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy