SC - dehydrator and Scots info

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Oct 16 21:06:59 PDT 2000

Kirsten said:
> My mother-in-law gave us her dehydrator and a thick cookbook.  I am going to
> have lots of fun making jerky, fruit leather and dried fruits.

We've had some conversations here before on drying foods. Perhaps this file
in the FOOD section of my files might be of interest:
drying-foods-msg  (35K)  8/24/99    Drying foods in period and for the SCA.

I don't know if you can dry fish in a dehydrator or not, but if so maybe
this file and it's recipes might be of interest:
stockfish-msg     (81K)  5/26/00    Period preserved fish. Dried, smoked
and
                                       salted fish. Recipes.

> Leanna, you mentioned that you have a Scots accent.  What century and what
> is your garb?  I am working on a Scots persona myself.

There are a few files in the Florilegium that might be of use for this also.

In CULTURES:
Scotland-msg      (65K)  5/25/99    Scottish culture. Who lived where.
Medieval
                                       points of interest. The Orkney Islands.

In FOOD-BY-REGION:
fd-Scotland-msg   (39K)  9/21/00    Medieval food of Scotland. recipes.

In CLOTHING:
cl-Scot-fem-art   (14K)  7/ 2/96    Scottish women's clothing.
cl-Scot-male-art  (18K)  6/20/96    Scottish men's clothing.
cl-Scotland-msg  (125K)  5/21/99    Clothing of Scotland. folding of kilts.

In PERSONAS:
names-Scot-art    (23K)  9/14/95    Article on medieval Scottish names.
names-Scot-msg     (9K)  1/ 2/97    Sources for period Scottish names.
Scot-fem-nam-lst  (14K)  5/21/96    List of Scottish feminine personal names.

I hope some of this is of use.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net