SC - Re:Milk in Bags

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Tue Oct 17 15:51:10 PDT 2000

Adamantius wrote:

>Lest we get into one of those "Oh, how uncouth we Americans are" moods,
>it should be pointed out that a _lot_ of wine is sold in exactly the
>same way in France, as well as in waxed (plasticked?) paper cartons such
>as Americans buy both milk and juice in.

Hey, I don´t see anything uncouth with using this sort of wine - most of the
wine I use for cooking comes from boxes and there is always at least one red
and one white boxed wine in my larder. With the high prices we pay for wine
here, I´m not about to open a whole bottle whenever I need half a cup or
something like that in a recipe. And there are some quite decent boxed
wines, perfectly good for drinking with a meal (and no danger of the wine
being corked).

Nanna