SC -children in kitchen:was worst feast ever...

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Oct 18 07:38:34 PDT 2000

>On the topic of kids does anyone know of any rules restricting those under
>either 16 or 18 from the kitchen.  The last feast I cooked someone made
>the 14 yr old helping out leave, since there is supposedly a rule against
>children in the kitchen.

Rules vary from Kingdom to Kingdom as well as from State to State. Speaking
from experience, I'd check it out with both authorities and know how solid
the ground was on which I stood in the future. Any actual rules are written
and are available for reading in either your Kingdom or State lawbooks.

I've found a lot of people who should know better assume there are rules
where their aren't any, or are just making it up as they go along for
whatever reason. I always assume the former, as I never attribute to malice
what can be explained by ignorance. I'm not saying this is the case, and
naturally, common sense should rule, but I find it's better to know the rules
beforehand if possible.

I have also found it's easy to forget just how young some of our young people
are, which is another reason to use common sense (as if it WERE common <G>).

Corwyn