SC - fighter practices

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Oct 18 23:11:10 PDT 2000

Nope. Notice my sig. line below. Austin is the most southernly positioned
state capital in the United States. Even more southernly than the capital
of Florida, surprisingly.

The few times it gets too cold or is raining in a year on a fighter
practice night, either fighter practice attendance is way down or it
is cancelled until the next week or sometimes reconvened at a local
resturant (without the fighting).

On the other hand, there are the fighter practices in the summer. Which
is one reason until recently we've been meeting on Tuesday nights and
not during the day. I've been at War Practices where you fought for
ten minutes and then rested for twenty. ...And you learned real quick
not to leave your helm sitting in the sun during that rest period.

One of the reasons for restarting Sunday afternoon fighter practices
will be that it is a better enviornment to bring A&S projects and
work on them. We will also have access to an air conditioned building
with tables. We will also have room to set up both target and combat
archery ranges as well as seige engines. Some guilds are thinking of
moving their meetings there. But since I don't think there are kitchen
facilities available, I doubt the Cook's Guild will be doing this.

The site also has a few nice meeting rooms which we are now using
for out monthly populace meetings.

The new site is one of the city Wastewater Treatment Plants. Those
who are needing a fighter practice or meeting site might want to see
if they is such an available site near them.

> Ah, you obviously don't live where it gets _cold_ at least half the
> year, do you? <g>
> - --Maire, in northern Artemisia (where one of our ski resorts opened this
> week <g>)
>
> Stefan li Rous wrote:
> > Inside fighter practices? How wierd. :-)

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net