SC - Apples?

harper at idt.net harper at idt.net
Thu Oct 19 05:07:24 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 18 Oct 00, , that Hoon, Twila wrote:

> Additionally, does anybody have a period reference to baked whole or
> quartered apples that remain "apple shaped" as opposed to apple sauce /
> apple moy (sp?)?

Vincente recently posted his translation of Mirraust of Apples from
Nola.  That's quartered apples cooked in almond milk with sugar
and cinnamon.  I think Granado has a baked quince recipe, and at
the end says "and you can do the same with apples".  I'll check
later.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann