SC - FoodTV and the SCA, was - Emeril (long)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Oct 20 10:53:23 PDT 2000

Sounds frighteningly like a couple of demos I've been involved in. There
was the one where it turned out we were the paid entertainment at a
private party. Private caterer, and there was one of the local
Duchesses, standing next to the diners singing "God Bless the Bastard
King of England". I could have died... but at least it wasn't "Wombat's
Reign".

Did the guy with the Klingon sword show up? we had a kid show up at
fight practice once who wanted to make 'totally authentic Klingon
armor', and when Sir Paul tried to explain that we were an _historical_
group doing things from the Middle Ages and Renaissance, and kid went on
about no really, he wanted to make _14th century_ Klingon armor... I
don't think he came back though...

'Lainie